Auto insurance not only protects your automobile but also can help to restore assets that might be stolen, damaged, or lost. In some cases, auto insurance can protect you in the unfortunate event that you become involved in a lawsuit.
Deciding on the right auto insurance for you and your vehicle is an important decision. You need to make sure you have the best possible coverage available at a cost you can afford. Often times it’s the lowest cost, other times it’s the maximum amount of coverage. Adjusting limits as well as deductibles to match your needs may be an option to obtain what you need.
Understand Your Policy
- Bodily Injury (BI) Liability Coverage protects you in the event you cause an accident that injures someone else. This coverage pays the medical costs of people injured in the accident as well as the legal expenses for which you are responsible.
- Comprehensive Physical Damage Coverage pays for damage to your vehicle or any vehicle in your custody resulting from theft, fire, vandalism, flooding, hail or other perils (but not damage by collision or overturning).
- Collision Coverage pays for damage to your vehicle or a vehicle your custody resulting from a collision or rollover that you cause.
- Guaranteed Auto Protection (GAP) Coverage pays the difference between what the car is worth at the time of accident or a damaging event and what you owe on the car.
- Medical Payments (MEDPM) Coverage pays for the medical expenses you, your passengers and your family members incur in a car accident, whether or not it was your fault.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage or no ‘no-fault’ coverage pays medical expenses, lost wages, substitute services, and funeral expenses resulting from an auto accident.
- Property Damage (PD) Liability Coverage pays for damages to the vehicle and possessions of the other party in an accident that is your fault. This coverage also pays for most stationary property damage.
- Rental Reimbursement pays the cost of a rental car while your vehicle is being worked on, up to a predetermined limit and for a predetermined amount of time.
- Towing and Labor pays for labor costs incurred for services rendered at the place of breakdown or for towing to a repair shop (but does not include parts). If you lock the keys in the vehicle or need a tire changed, this may also be covered.
- Uninsured/Under-insured Motorists (UM/UIM) Coverage pays for bodily injury to you or your family and damages to the vehicle resulting from the negligence of someone who does not have coverage or whose coverage limits are insufficient. This includes hit and run accidents.
You need a personal insurance agent to sort it all out! Covington Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency dedicated to finding you the comprehensive insurance coverage you need at a competitive price.
Contact us today for an insurance assessment and free personal insurance quote.